Arts For The Schools is a 36-year-old non-profit committed to cultural learning and community building. Arts For The Schools mission is to inspire, teach and build our rural communities through equitable access to the arts and arts education. The position is responsible for managing and coordinating Arts For The Schools’ new annual Mexican Heritage Festival. This position is responsible for performing highly-skilled administrative and event duties with expertise in events, customer service, and clerical skills. The position is a temporary, contract, remote position with the potential to lead to future events management work.
One of Arts For The Schools founding tenants is to promote cultural understanding and learning through the arts. We have a deep commitment to equality and cultural learning. Arts For The Schools has for the last 36 years worked to promote cultural diversity and learning through our onSTAGE Live Program for the public and in our Performing Arts Program for schools, by presenting and hosting culture performances and events in the rural communities of North Lake Tahoe. Since 2013, we have deepened our commitment to honor and celebrate our Mexican families and students, through hosting Latino and Mexican artists, performances and workshops. The festival is an extension of this ongoing work.
Reports to CEO.
Remote work, with in-person meetings each week.
Contract for 20 hours per week.
Contract rate $25-$27/hour.
Deadline to apply August 16, 2021
Oversee and assist the leadership committee with all event-planning duties including:
- Soliciting corporate sponsors and communicating with sponsors.
- Distributing marketing (posters, banners, tickets etc.)
- Creating social media posts about events and posting to online calendars.
- Recruiting volunteers and manage volunteer list to ensure successful event.
- Scheduling event production, ordering tables, chairs, etc. for day of event.
- Coordinating day of event production such as directing vendors, volunteers, setting up and staging the event, etc.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and excellent phone etiquette.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to take direction well and be a leader, using good listening skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong community ties in Truckee and North Lake Tahoe.
- Excellent basic computer skills (word processing, spread sheet, data base, email and internet experience).
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills.
- Ability to perform as an effective team member.
- Ethical business practices.
- Excellent history of attendance and on-time performance.
Read More to learn how to apply.
- High school or equivalent is required.
- College or community college degree is preferred.
- Previous event management experience required.
- Previous experience soliciting corporate sponsors preferred.
- Computer with various programs including Microsoft Office including Word & Excel.
Send your resume and a short email with a summary of your experience to email@example.com