| || |
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience teaching visual art to children, excellent curriculum planning skills, be flexible and organized, be kind and friendly, with the ability to create lesson plans that enable students to gain a deep understanding of art utilizing more than one art form and media. The position is responsible for teaching visual arts curriculum in a variety of school classrooms.
The position would be responsible for teaching multiple classrooms and be available to teach 4-5 days per week, during school hours of 8:00am-3:00pm. The position is a contract position for the 21-22 school-year, with the potential to contract in future years.
Reports to CEO.
Independent work, with in-person meetings each week.
Contract for 35 hours per week.
Contract rate $40/hour.
Deadline to apply August 23,2021
- Experienced in teaching visual art to children, a minimum of 5 or more years required
- Experienced in using diverse art media, expertise in teaching ceramics is required
- Must be highly flexible
- Ability to work collaboratively with K-12 teachers
- Excellent teaching, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Able to take direction well, be a collaborator, team member and be a leader
- Strong organization skills
- Have excellent ability to manage classroom environment effectively
- Strong community ties in Truckee and North Lake Tahoe
- Excellent basic computer skills (word processing, spread sheet, data base, email and internet experience)
- Excellent history of attendance and on-time performance
- Experienced in developing K-8th visual art curriculum preferred
- Bachelors degree in Fine Arts preferred
Click Read More to learn how to apply
- Develop curriculum based on California’s Visual Arts Content Standards with clear lesson objectives
- Develop and teach 6-10 unique visual art projects and lesson plans with age-appropriate instructional methods to multiple classrooms
- Motivate students to think about the subject critically and to actively participate in the educational process
- Communicate learning objectives to students and teachers
- Administer time effectively
- Create a positive and engaging environment for student learning and involvement
- Evaluate effectiveness of course curriculum and adjust instruction and materials as appropriate
- Order, maintain and organize art supplies
- Mount and display student’s work at community exhibitions and community outreach events
- Maintain appropriate standards of behavior, mutual respect and safety
- Demonstrate professionalism and be an ambassador for Arts For The Schools and represent the organization among teachers, administrators and the community
Position Requirements – Position is Contingent on:
- Passing a current TB test
- Showing proof of COVID-19 vaccine is required.
- Passing a Live Scan background check
- Have a current California Driver’s license & proof of auto insurance
To apply for this position please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Short email summarizing your experience and why you want to work with Arts For The Schools
-Resume with dates of employment
-Names and phone number of two professional references
-Three work samples - images of personal artwork
-Three samples of your student’s artwork
Deadline: Aug 23, 2021